PhD ProgramThirst for Research
Quench your thirst for research in varied disciplines under qualified and experienced national and international faculty
Bay University, Aruba offers research programs in different disciplines in interdisciplinary areas leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy. The University is being provided with well qualified and experienced national and international faculties. University also invites several experienced visiting faculties to give exposure to the research scholars.
The main motive of Bay University is to provide advanced knowledge and educate students in all the branches that will best serve the world and mankind in the 21st century.
Admissions to PhD programs at Bay University are conducted thrice a year, for Spring (January), Summer (May) and Fall (September) sessions. A PhD program is offered in two modes- Full time and Part time. Hence, coursework, participation in various interactions, submission of progress reports through presentations etc. on regular basis is mandatory during the program. A Full-time PhD scholar shall mean a candidate devoting full time for completing the requirements of the program and a part- time PhD scholar shall mean a candidate who is devoting a part of his time towards the pursuit of the program while discharging his official / employment obligations.
PhD full time is for minimum 2 years and PhD part time for minimum 3 years for the master degree holder candidates. Maximum duration in case of both the modes is 6 years.
Part time Candidates should ensure they have adequate facilities/ required infrastructural set up at their work- place which is conducive to research. Also, there will be a requirement to have a supervisor from your origination. The supervisor will however be appointed only after his/her profile is approved by the research committee of the university.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
It is recommended that students have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and around a 3.5 discipline-specific GPA or equivalent to remain competitive for PhD in qualifying examination.
- Applications for admission to a PhD program at Bay University are accepted thrice a year, for Spring (January), Summer (May) and Fall (September) sessions.
- Candidates seeking admission to the PhD program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average / subjects/ specializations in qualifying examination as indicated under each PhD program.
- Candidate who apply for PhD part time, will have to submit their employment verification details at the time of form filling and NOC as per format, at the time of joining after their selection to the program.
- The admission Form is to be filled and submitted ONLINE along with required documents uploaded in the given format and an online payment of USD 150 made via a Credit / Debit card. In case of OFFLINE mode candidate download the application form (available on university website) fill it and send to email [email protected] with all required documents and proof of registration fee deposited. No need to send the hard copies.
- Candidates will be communicated about requirements related to their application form, date, time and venue of selection process (written test and / or Interview). Candidates can email us at [email protected] or call us at +1(407) 967-3230.
- Eligible candidates who apply under scholarship will be required to appear in the Selection Process consisting of PET (PhD Entrance Test) /and an Interview round as per Bay University norms.
- Selected candidates will be intimated about their selection by the research cell of the university. A candidate is required to submit their fee with in week.
- Offer of admission will be provisional & valid only for the specific program opted by the candidate as well as for the same academic session. The offer of admission will automatically stand cancelled if the conditions are not fulfilled by the specified time.
NOTE: The scanned copy of filled and signed forms along with proof of fee deposit must be sent to [email protected]
Selection Process for Scholarship Candidates
The Entrance Test shall be of one and half hour duration (i.e. 90 minutes) in blended mode and of 100 marks consisting of 100 objective type of questions. The Entrance Test will have two Sections (administered in one go), as mentioned here under:
SECTION 1 – GENERAL
Section 1 shall be common to all candidates for testing their aptitude in research by covering questions from following areas for research methodology:
50 Questions of 1 mark each
SECTION 2 – SUBJECT SPECIFIC
Section 2 shall be Program / Subject Specific as per proposed PhD program of the applicant. This section shall be divided into two parts – 25 questions shall be purely from the PhD Program subject & 25 questions from either the PhD Program subject or any offered allied field.
50 Questions of Master’s level of 1 mark each
INTERVIEW BY RESEARCH COMMITTEE
For any query feel free to contact Dr. Mahender Poonia (Associate Dean Research): +1 (407) 967-3230
Registration Fee: 300 USD
Security Deposit: 300 USD
Academic Fee (Full Time): 4000 USD per annum
Academic Fee (Part Time): 3500 USD per annum
The Prescribed Fees* for a candidate from Asian Countries(with Scholarship) is as under
Registration Fee: 150 USD
Security Deposit: 150 USD
Academic Fee (Full Time): 2000 USD per annum
Academic Fee (Part Time): 1750 USD per annum
* Fee is subject to revision from time to time as decided by the University
- Fee will be paid semester wise for the three semesters in a year. Enrolled scholar will pay fee for the minimum period (minimum 2 years for PhD full time and 3 years for PhD part time) and for the period they stay enrolled until thesis submission, upper limit being 6 years.
- The Security Deposit will be refunded after completion of PhD program.
Wire Transfer Info
NAME OF THE BANK: BANK OF AMERICA
NAME OF THE ACCOUNT: BAY ADMISSIONS LLC
CHECKING ACCOUNT: 375021058724
ACC ROUTING NUMBER: 72000805
WIRE TRANSFER ROUTING NUMBER: 26009593
SWIFT CODE: BOFAUS3N
BANK ADDRESS: BANK OF AMERICA NA, 222 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA 10038
Once payment has been completed, please send the receipt of payment to [email protected] and [email protected] mentioning your Name, Email address & Phone number. Do quote your Bay ID on all communications (if allotted).
For any query regarding fee structure or mode of payment, feel free to contact + 1 (407) 567 2530
How to Apply
Applying for a course at Bay University is as easy as 1-2-3
Submit the online application after attaching the required documents
Undergo an Interview via Phone/Skype upon receipt of the application
Expect a final decision within two days of completing the interview
Get In Touch
Telephone: + 1 (407) 567-2530 | + (297) 280-4740
Email: [email protected]
Corporate Office: 3505 Lake Lynda Drive, Suite 200, Orlando, FL-32817
Aruba Office: Pos Chiquito # 47, Savaneta, Aruba, Dutch Caribbean